Here are a few choice titbits of embarrassing things that I have done in front of the boy that I fancy. Just because I'm mortified, doesn't mean that you guys don't deserve a couple of laughs...
1. Laughed so hard whilst trying to drink tea that I snorted it all over him. Yup, he was sitting across the table from me, looking mildly horrified, face dripping with my nose-tea. Classic.
2. Set a little bit of my fringe ablaze trying to light a cigarette. The dangers of smoking. His room apparently still smells a bit like charred hair.
3. Tripped walking up the steps outside his house. Yes, not even down. Up. I blamed it on my knee brace, but actually, it's just because I'm an idiot.
4. Gotten so lost in his mesmerisingly blue eyes that I missed my mouth with my spoon, leaving me with ice cream smeared all over my nose.
5. Accidentally flicked out a contact lens, which got stuck to my jumper. He was polite enough to pretend he hadn't noticed.
6. Yesterday I tripped over his cat. Luckily, he didn't see me, and the cat remained unscathed (although the cat is now not a fan of me. Any cat whisperers out there, I need tips of how to make an angry cat like me please).
7. Also yesterday, he spilt red wine on my magic jeans, and feeling awful, asked if they were new. I lied and said they were really, really old, and it didn't matter a bit. Please, Vanish Superspray, help me.
I think that I am destined to die alone and be eaten by my pup. As I'm clearly not going to trick him into thinking I'm a wanton sex goddess, I guess I'll have to try for "adorably klutzy" instead.
Anyone else hugely embarrassed themselves, and fancy sharing? Go on, it's therapeutic (probably)...
Mona (future village spinster).